Element SuperHero/Super-Villain Project
Objective: To create a superhero or villain element character. Your super hero or villain will have characteristics and an appearance associated with a chosen element.
Task: For this project you will need to research one of the elements in the periodic table. You will use Comic Life to incorporate your character that you made from the website Hero Machine 2.5. This website will allow you to customize your character with unique characteristics and powers derived from your element.
• The picture must include 5 qualities of the element. For example, if you have the element sulfur, the superhero uniform uniform or skin must be yellow since sulfur has a characteristic yellow color.
• In Comic Life, you will need to have at least 10 properties (at least two chemical) which surrounds the picture that includes sufficient information of your element. These can be thought of powers of your hero or villain.
• Incorporate 3 uses that your character can do.
• Completed information sheet on your element. It will be counted as part of your project.
Refer to the Rubric for grading details.
Examples of Properties:
1. If your element has a high melting point,you might say that your super hero can move through fire to save others.
2. If your element is a gas, you might say that your villain can sneak through acrack into a room.
3. If your element explosively reacts with water, you might say that your super herouses water to create explosions to stop his/her enemies.
Be Creative with your character anduse your imagination!!!
Use the following websites and book sources to find out qualities (both physical and chemical) about the element you chose.