Welcome to Blanchard Middle School Sports Page.
A few reminders:
**Before Fall sports begin all students must**
1. Register online (links are found on our sports page)
2. Have an up to date physical on file in our nurses office (within the last 13 months and may not expire during
spring season which runs to the beginning of June)
3. Watch the Concussion video with a parent. (links are found on our sports page)
*Practice for our sports programs run Mon-Thurs from 2:30-4:00.
**ALL students MUST be registered prior to the beginning of the season to participate in sports
Same rules apply regarding physicals and registration...See below
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE Registered PRIOR TO OUR TRYOUT DATE.
New Concussion Regulations
As part of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health's Regulation 105 CMR 201.000 "Head Injuries and Concussions in Extracurricular Athletic Activities" †students and parents are required to complete one of the free online training videos provided below. By signing the Westford Public Schools Athletics Release Agreement, parents and students acknowledge their completion of this regulation. (A completed certificate does not need to be turned in with other forms.)
Required Free Online Training Video Links for Parents/Students - Please complete one.
Important Information Regarding Physicals for Athletics
1. School physicals will no longer be offered at Westford Academy during the summer.
2. Last week the MIAA voted to align its requirements on physicals with the Mass Department of Public Health. This means that physicals will expire 13 months from the exam date. Students will no longer be allowed to continue participation until the end of the season. Student’s eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the 13 month limit.
This message is being sent so that parents and families can schedule physicals in a timely manner.
Students who fail a course are not eligible to participate in athletics. Eligibility may be restored if a student passes all courses on the next report card issue. The administration reserves the right to discipline, suspend, or remove students for behavioral or academic reasons.
The activity fee will be $240.00 for each student. The fee is collected by the coach and due before the first regular season game. Checks should be made out to "Town of Westford."
Each student is required to have had a physical within thirteen months of the start of the season and provide proof of validity. Please make sure that the school nurse has a current, valid proof of physical on file at the nurse's office.
Transportation is provided for all teams to out of town events. Parents are responsible to transport students within town to practices and/or events. Students must ride the bus to and from away events. Parents must provide the coach written permission 24 hours in advance in order to take their child home from an away event.